All applicants interested in mentoring must:
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Complete and submit the Youth Mentoring Application and all annual renewal forms.
- Attend a mandatory training session before mentoring begins.
- Pass a Level 2 Background Screening with FDLE
- Review the Mentor Handbook
A Mentor’s Responsiblities
A mentor is oftentimes the key to success for a student. In order to support and guide a student towards success, a Take Stock in Children mentor must:
- Meet with a student once per week for at least 30 minutes at the school site during the school day.
- Help a student build a foundation of basic values.
- Challenge a student to reach fullest potential.
- Help a student set (and reach) his or her goals.
- Improve a student’s self-esteem.
- Communicate his or her own mentoring needs to our Mentor Coordinator.
- Communicate his or her student’s needs to TSIC Staff.
- Consistently log your mentor sessions.
There are many benefits to mentoring as well. Contact our Mentor Coordinator via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at (904)384-1361 x4273 for more info.